Thursday 28 February 2008

Date: Thursday

Department/Section: HR/training and development section
Company Supervisor: Ramani Gurusinghe
Work Assignment:

Today I started my work by preparing for the induction next week-we printed the handout-also we already ordered the files for the handout-after that I spend a lot of my time entering staff satisfaction index data in the company system after Mr. Lioyd explained it to me-staff satisfaction index is important for the company, because they need to know their employees happiness or satisfaction with what the company provide them like their food and salary, so that they can improve in the future and make the employees satisfy and happy- after entering SSI data in the company system for all creek employees I started working in my college final project-then Mr. Stephen Wangai gave me a handout about employees performance appraisal (policy and guidelines) to read it-so for this week I did learn about the following points:
1. External influences on hospitality training.
2. Principles of adult learning.
3. Diversity and training.
4. Responsibilities of training personnel training budgeting, investing and return of investment in training

I enjoyed my whole week working in Dubai Golf with the staff from the HR department, because they like a lovely and helpful family to me.